Administrative Nurse Supervisor
Muncy, PA 17756, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Some Experience Required
Coordinates and supervises the delivery of nursing care and activities of assigned personnel. Ensures compliance with the directives, policies, applicable laws and regulations. Supports and implements the Nursing Department and Hospital goals and objectives. Coordinates patient flow and assesses appropriate staffing levels throughout the hospital.
- Effectively communicates and incorporates the Nursing and Organization's vision, goals, and initiatives at the unit and department level consistent with Magnet philosophy and environment.
- Supports Managers as they supervise assigned personnel within Nursing.
- Assists with the orientation, integration and education of new employees.
- Facilitates patient placement with triage and prioritization of patient bed assignment in collaboration with Patient Placement and patient care department staff members.
- Participates in the formulation of nursing policies and goals as well as policies affecting other departments.
- Communicates and interprets policies, procedures and regulations to patients, visitors and staff members.
- Facilitates implementation of policies and procedures.
- Promotes and supports positive guest relations.
- Assigns nursing personnel, as necessary, for increased acuity, changes in patient acuity and call-offs based on patient census, unit acuity and volume.
- Supports staffing office as it relates to financial and quality outcomes.
- Supports Operations Managers as the resource model for Clinical Coordinators, Registered Nurse Career Enhancement Program nurses, Charge Nurses and other hospital personnel in the advancement of their management skills.
- Serves as administration representative and communicates pertinent patient care activities and information to Administrator on call and appropriate personnel for problem solving and resolving issues.
- Follows up on adverse, serious and sentinel events occurring during the evening, night and weekend shifts.
- Ensures proper documentation.
- Ensures patient and family concerns are investigated and addressed appropriately by the appropriate personnel.
- Evaluates quality of care administered in assigned areas, makes rounds, and assures timely communication of significant operational issues.
- Serves as a clinical resource assisting nursing personnel in assessing patient and family needs, obtaining equipment and patient care items as necessary, and to answer questions and solve problems within the department and the institution.
- Demonstrates transformational leadership in maintaining a Magnet Culture.
- Encourages new knowledge, innovations and improvements using evidence based practice and research in patient care.
- Follows up and ensures proper documentation on sentinel occurring on all shifts.
- Works in collaboration with the operations managers and nursing education department to support staff member's needs on all shifts.
- Addresses employee grievances according to the grievance procedures as applicable to the facility location.
Enrollment in Bachelor's Degree in Related Field-Nursing (Required)
Minimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Clinical Skills; Interpersonal Communication; Teamwork; Preceptor Skills; Communication; Computer Literacy
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- Some Experience Required