Apheresis Registered Nurse (RN) Responsibilities
Danville, PA 17821, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Performs therapeutic and donor apheresis procedures. Assesses patient needs in the therapeutic apheresis program. Plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing activities that meet those needs.
- Performs initial and ongoing patient assessment appropriate for the procedure being performed.
- Provides health teaching and updates such as changes in patient status or technology requires.
- Assembles necessary equipment and administers apheresis to patients.
- Demonstrates ability to properly operate apheresis and donor equipment.
- Observes reports, interprets, and records manifestations of the patient's condition during procedures.
- Administers medications and blood products as appropriate and required for the specific procedure.
- Manages adverse reactions to procedures and transfusions.
- Participates and coordinates in health teaching to prepare the patient and family for post procedure care and future appointment preparation.
- Documents observations, activities, and updates computer information as necessary.
- Assists in the evaluation of the quality of patient care and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Contributes to unit committee activities.
- Safeguards the patient from hazards and injuries.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 7a-330, 730-4, or 8-430
- Travel: Limited. Travel to Geisinger Wyoming Valley for training and rotating on-call coverage.
- Preferred Experience: Dialysis or Apheresis or Infusion experience a plus, IV skills a plus but not required
- On-call: Rotating weekly and weekend on-call.
Geisinger cares about not only its patients and members but also about you and your family. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to ensure that you and your loved ones can maintain good health, achieve financial stability, and excel both personally and professionally.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage starting on your first day of employment with three medical plan options, including flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) options
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage paid for by the company
- A competitive 401(k) plan with automatic Geisinger contributions beginning on your first day of employment
- A generous paid time off (PTO) plan that allows you to accrue time quickly
- Access to the MyHealth Rewards wellness program, which helps you improve your health and earn incentives
- Support for families, including adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave, and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves. That's why we offer several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which provide opportunities for you to network and develop professionally. Our ERGs are open to all employees and are formed around common identities.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
Teamwork; Working Independently
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level