Carpenter/Painter (Full-time/ Nights)
Danville, PA 17821, USA
Some Experience Required
Provides skilled general carpentry, cabinet-making, painting, and wall covering services.
- Performs general carpentry and cabinet-making in support of alterations and new construction.
- Measures and prepares working drawings and estimates amounts of materials when necessary.
- Installs dry wall, floor and ceiling systems.
- Performs general roof work and masonry tasks when necessary.
- Prepares all surfaces with joint compound, caulking, and sanding.
- Removes hardware and other items.
- Places masking tape and drop cloths to protect surfaces.
- Sets up scaffolding and ladders for safe usage.
- Applies paints, stains, and varnishes to various surfaces using brushes, rollers, and spray guns.
- Pastes, applies, trims, and smoothes wall coverings and materials.
- Returns finished area to working order.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and systems as required.
- Maintains all tools and equipment in safe and operable condition.
- Reports problems to supervisor.
- Assists in maintenance of signage and directional systems.
- Maintains accurate daily records of time and materials.
- Serves as technical resource and team leader to assure a quality product when necessary.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required), Associate's Degree- (Preferred)
Minimum of 2 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Valid Driver's License - Default Issuing Body
Teamwork; Communication; Organizing; Computer Literacy; Mathematics; Working Independently
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- Some Experience Required