Lewisburg, PA 17837, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Some Experience Required
Provides primary clinical support to the provider, patient and their family to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient's condition. Follows up on diagnostic testing to ensure completion, accuracy, and filing of same in medical record to ensure continuity and quality of care. Promotes a clean environment. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint, vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and prepares patient for examinations.
- Provides direct clinical care as directed by provider.
- Assists provider in performance of minor surgical diagnostic procedures and ancillary diagnostic examinations as directed by provider to facilitate accurate diagnosis.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and complete associated paperwork to expedite laboratory studies with maximum accuracy and efficiency.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication, as directed by provider, prioritizes communication to the provider, responds to patient questions and requests to ensure efficient use of provider time and timely response to patients needs Administers medications and vaccines including intradermal and skin testing under the direction of a provider and per scope of practice.
- Cleans and sets up examination and treatment rooms between cases, ensures required levels of asepsis, availability of appropriate instruments and equipment, and preparation of patient.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Minimum of 1 year-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing Body
Communication; Multitasking; Teamwork; Computer Literacy; Customer Service
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- Some Experience Required