Community Health Assistant (Community-Based)
Lewistown, PA 17044, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
2 - 4 Years
Works within the community providing outreach to patients with complex medical and social needs. Acts as a resource to assist patients in navigating the health care system.
- Assists in the identification and outreach of medically complex patients.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team in the development and implementation of the care plan.
- Engages patients by way of home visit, hospital visit and accompanying patients to Providers appointments as needed.
- Completes Vital Signs
- Identifies gaps in care and connects members with resources
- Facilitates telemedicine visits with members and providers
- Performs disease specific education
- Conducts safety evaluations in patients home
- Communicates all concerns to clinical team and manager as necessary, seeking support and guidance proactively.
- Provides reinforcement of an established treatment plan.
- Builds relationships within the community in order to identify resources that are available to the patients i.e.: DME vendors, Home Health Agencies, Area Aging Office etc.
- Hours: 8 AM to 4:30 PM with 1 later day per week from 9:30 am to 6 pm
- Travel: Yes, this is a community-based role. Company car will be provided. Coverage area includes Mifflin and Juniata counties.
Geisinger cares about not only its patients and members but also about you and your family. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to ensure that you and your loved ones can maintain good health, achieve financial stability, and excel both personally and professionally.
Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage starting on your first day of employment with three medical plan options, including flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) options
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage paid for by the company
- A competitive 401(k) plan with automatic Geisinger contributions beginning on your first day of employment
- A generous paid time off (PTO) plan that allows you to accrue time quickly
- Access to the MyHealth Rewards wellness program, which helps you improve your health and earn incentives
- Support for families, including adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave, and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves. That's why we offer several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which provide opportunities for you to network and develop professionally. Our ERGs are open to all employees and are formed around common identities.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Minimum of 3 years-Related work experience (Required)
Clerical I; Multitasking; Communication; Flexibility; Problem Solving
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 2 - 4 Years