CT Technologist Full Time Weekender Evenings
Muncy, PA 17756, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
$7,500 signing incentive for eligible applicants! Friday (8), Sat (12), Sunday (12) overnight · Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment · Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) · Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability · Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment · PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast · MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives · Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones. Employee referral incentive program Under general supervision of the Radiologist and the following established duties and responsibilities, performs CT procedures to acquire digital images for use by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Plans and performs all CT procedures and post processing using advanced technology based on clinical criteria, anatomy and established protocols. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range in their assigned clinical area. Ensures protocols are based on guidelines and CT scanner’s integration into the program that compiles dose data from each scan performed and notifies the user when a scan exceeds specific preset levels.
- Provides technical expertise to operate CT Scanners, power injectors and computer systems to acquire images for use by the radiologist in the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies.
- CT technologist must maintain the knowledge to operate different CT Systems at multiple locations.
- Maintain protocols that are based on ImageGently Guidelines and CT scanner’s integration into a program that compiles dose data from each scan performed and notifies the user when a scan exceeds specific preset levels.
- Maintain vast knowledge of all clinical histories to match appropriate protocols and knowledge of all major organ systems and vascular systems for Thoracic, Abdominal, Pelvic, Neuro systems and Muscular Skeletal.
- Obtains CT images according to established protocols.
- In doing so, ensures the patient is properly prepared, positioned, immobilized, protective shielding used when applicable and correct technical factors are selected.
- Perform CT Interventional Procedures.
- Performs CTA imaging: Carotid, Head, Vertebral, Run-Offs, PE critical bolus timing, including Advanced CTA studies such as TAVR(Trans Catheter Aortic Valve Replacement), EVAR(Endovascular Aneurysm Repair) and Cardiac imaging.
- Maintains working knowledge of pharmacology to ensure lab results are obtained prior to scheduled exam.
- Maintain knowledge of physiology needed to produce quality scans when ideal conditions cannot be met.
- Maintain knowledge of physics to lower patient dose on CT scanner.
- Interpret technical factors to increase quality or speed of scan.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Radiologic Technology (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Certified Radiology Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Medical Equipment Management (Mem); Diagnostic Imaging; Radiation Safety; Radiology; Communication; Preceptor Skills; Working Independently
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level