Danville, PA 17821, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Some Experience Required
Assists in surgical and dental procedures. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Greets and prepares patient for appropriate procedure.
- Completes new medical questionnaire annually.
- Updates and reviews medical health history and completes all electronic medical record screenings at every dental visit.
- Exposes and processes radiographs.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and disinfects dental equipment and operatory.
- Maintains responsibility for general operatory and clinic maintenance, as well as monitors expiration dates on supplies.
- Maintains dental unit and hand pieces.
- Prepares tray setups.
- Assists with Oral Surgery and Dental procedures in the clinic and Operating Room setting.
- Ensures the availability of monitoring equipment in preparation for outpatient conscious sedations.
- Ensures all necessary elements are available in preparation for conscious sedation procedures.
- Assists during emergency situations.
- Prepares for the use of the rubber dam when appropriate.
- Takes preliminary impressions and counter casts for diagnostic casts.
- Removes sutures and places dressings.
- Schedules patients for multiple appointments and surgical procedures.
- Provides oral health home care and post op instructions when appropriate.
We’re proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that include s:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required), Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Preferred)
Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Customer Service; Teamwork; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- Some Experience Required