Distribution Center Associate (Fulltime/ Days)
Elysburg, PA 17824, USA
Supply Chain / Distribution
Performs duties responsible for ensuring that all distribution center functions are completed accurately and timely. Provides record keeping of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Responsible for fulfilling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets Geisinger standards for safety, security and productivity. Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled. Checks outbound shipments for accuracy and readiness of customer delivery.
- Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm. Rotating weekends and holidays
- Ensures the accuracy of all shipping and receiving documents.
- Gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
- Assures that shipping and receiving counts match picking and purchase order documents and assists in resolving and discrepancies.
- Verifies (recounts) orders received by others to ensure accuracy of incoming merchandise.
- Collects all documentation for outbound freight and ensures all documents including receiving records are filed appropriately.
- Ensures outgoing shipments contain proper labels and paperwork has been applied before shipping.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Schedules inbound and outbound freight to comply with Distribution Center operations and capacities in conjunction with Supervisor, Distribution Center and Manager, Distribution Center.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Identifies backorders and places merchandise in designated holding area for expedited handling.
- Places incoming merchandise into inventory when required.
- Utilize Warehouse Management System (WMS) to ascertain catalog number, size, color and quantity of merchandise to be picked from bins, shelves or other locations within the Distribution Center.
- Accurately picks customer orders for shipment, ensuring the correct quantity and product is picked and shipped.
- Notifies Supervisor of stock outs or other inventory related concerns.
- Ensures orders are staged in order of delivery.
- Utilizes material handling equipment safely and efficiently to transport product to shipping locations or delivery platforms.
- Maintains required certifications to operate material handling equipment.
- Maintains Distribution Center equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunction.
- Connects equipment to charging stations at the end of shift.
- Conducts physical inventories and cycle counts as required.
- Assists in the safety and security of the Distribution Center.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Computer Literacy; Organizing; Distribution Center Management; Communication; Pharmaceutical Names; General Skills
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level