Environmental Services Technician SEIU (Flex)
Lewistown, PA 17044, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Performs a variety of healthcare environmental services (EVS) duties to enhance the healthcare environment by maintaining the location assigned. Follows special healthcare cleaning and trash handling techniques as required ensuring a professional and appropriate service standard while performing the job. Follows system wide standards as well as department specific service standards. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient/family/ customer experience by optimizing all customer interactions. Fosters a positive work environment through mutual support and cooperation and adheres to unit specific service standards.
- Cleans and disinfects patient rooms, surgical suites, clinical areas, office spaces, corridors and stairwells as assigned by adhering to current industry best practice and established policy.
- Handles various waste streams including municipal waste, recyclable waste, pharmaceutical waste, bio hazardous waste, chemotherapeutic waste and sharps.
- Wears standard personal protective equipment and adheres to posted isolation precautions when entering an isolation room.
- Follows procedures for the proper use of hospital approved chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Places the appropriate signage in an area to indicate cleaning is occurring and floor is wet to reduce the risk of falls.
- Reports identified repairs as directed according to current established policy or protocol or practice.
- Utilizes mobile technology to ensure compliance with bed management procedures and other environmental services functions that are performed daily.
- Gathers and properly disposes of clear bag and red bag waste.
- Properly operates chemclave and autoclave for red bag waste in conjunction with regulatory requirements were applicable and properly packages red bag waste for shipment when chemclave and autoclave technology is not available.
- Performs and maintains competency in current supplemental cleaning technologies available as prioritized by Infection Control under the direction of EVS management Prepares special case waste disposal set-ups for use within the OR as directed.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment before entry into the OR suite.
- Is familiar with fluid waste management systems and placement in the docking station for proper emptying and sanitizing as well as placing back into service.
- Performs weekly detail cleaning of all OR's to include high dusting, wall washing, ceilings, tracks, vents and lights, booms.
- Performs scrubbing of floors in all OR's, sub sterile areas and scrub sink areas with powered floor care equipment Extracts carpets or can direct the proper use of carpet care equipment in a safe and effective manner, utilizing the appropriate chemicals and procedures.
- Remains capable of or can direct the proper use of bonnet shampooing and spotting carpets equipment.
- Collects soiled linen and transports to hospital staging area for vendor pickup.
- All EVS Staff who enter Medication Rooms (Where Applicable) must receive mandatory education on proper Medication Room protocol.
- This is a Flex position (per diem, hours as needed). Non-benefits eligible.
- To learn about our EVS team, click here: https://jobs.geisinger.org/evs
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Preferred)
Spill Management; Infection Control; Disease Management; Healthcare Regulatory Environment; Teamwork; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level