Logistics Specialist (Fulltime/ Days)
Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
Supply Chain / Distribution
Some Experience Required
Performs many non-clinical tasks required to deliver care, including but not limited to, Inventory Control (parring, put-away), Linen Inventory Management and Distribution, Patient Care Equipment Cleaning and Distribution, and Patient Transport. Coordinates functions within base department or an assigned clinical area. Delivers high level of customer service to co-workers, patients and the clinical staff. Works in a self-directed manner to prioritize job functions. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient/family experience by optimizing all customer interactions.
- Supports the care delivery process by performing the required care delivery support activities.
- May assist with any non-clinical activity required to support the delivery of care.
- Transports patients, belongings and deceased to and from assigned departments.
- Assists floor staff to ready patients for transport.
- Properly identifies patient prior to transport and assures that patient has an I.D. band.
- Manages the resources for an assigned clinical area, including procurement, transport, storage, preparation, cleaning, and maintenance assistance.
- Resources may include any supplies, medications excluding Scheduled Controlled Substances as defined by the DEA, linen, equipment, or other materials required for patient care or for other required activities (does not include staff members).
- Maintains a current understanding of the supplies, equipment, services, other resources, and operations provided by the Support Services departments.
- Maintains data entry to support performance metrics as assigned or required.
- Suggests opportunities for improvement, offers solutions to the issues, and actively works to implement these solutions to improve operations and remove waste from processes.
- Actively participates as a team member in working towards the goals of the assigned unit and organization by supporting the clinical staff as directed, serving as a mentor and trainer for new staff, and providing the highest level of customer service possible.
- Actively works to keep supply rooms, equipment storage rooms, patient rooms, and other assigned areas clean and organized.
- Provides for a safe environment by taking corrective measures to maintain a neat and orderly work environment in optimal functioning order.
- OSHA, Department of Health, and Joint Commission regulations must be followed.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Computer Literacy; Office Politics And Confidentiality; HR Policies, Standards And Procedures; Teamwork; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- Some Experience Required