Patient Companion - Central Region Float - Full Time Rotation Shift
Danville, PA 17821, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Geisinger is proud to offer a Patient Companion a $1,500 sign on bonus for eligible candidates, $15 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals and up to $3 shift differentials for evening, nights, and weekend shifts! Also offering up to $40,000 in financial support to become a nurse!
Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support staff
- On the job training and education
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Provides a safe environment, companionship and supportive care for patients that require constant observation as identified by a nurse or physician. Maintains a safe environment for any patient requiring 1:1 supervision. Maintains constant observation of patient. Responsible to accompany the patient if he or she must leave the unit for reasons identified by the care provider.
- Maintain a safe, private, and comfortable therapeutic environment.
- Redirects impulsive and harmful behavior.
- Remain in clear sight of patient at all times, unless otherwise instructed by the nursing staff.
- Calls for assistance when unable to redirect patient or there is a potential for self-injury.
- Participate in report at the beginning and end of shift, making sure to inform pertinent information to Registered Nurse at the end of the shift.
- Accompany patient to all clinical tests, procedures, or appointments off the patient unit.
- Talks to the patient and use conversation to keep them focused.
- Assist patients with meals, when patient does not have swallowing precautions, or require carbohydrate counts.
- Assist with bed making.
- Activates bed alarms and and or chair alarms.
- Assists staff with walking patients.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Teamwork; Preceptor Skills; Communication; Computer Literacy; Clinical Skills; Interpersonal Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level