Physical Therapy Assistant Per Diem
Coal Township, PA, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Works under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist to aid in the total rehabilitation of the patient via use of various modalities, therapeutic exercise, gait training, and functional activities.
- Performs a physical therapy treatment program developed by the physical therapist and progresses the patient through the program in a safe and competent manner.
- Prepares patient for treatment by explaining the treatment process and positioning the patient for comfort, safety, and optimal response to the treatment.
- Administers various treatment modalities in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Utilizes appropriate active and passive therapeutic exercise programs and equipment safely and effectively such as range of motion, strengthening, stretching, and isokinetic training.
- Performs gait training, transfer training, and other functional activities.
- Performs selected measurement procedures consistently and accurately such as joint range of motion, gross strength of muscle groups, length and girth of body partsand vital signs.
- Fits patients for and adjusts assistive devices such as canes, walkers, crutches, and wheelchairs appropriate to the patient's diagnosis.
- Instructs and trains the patient in the proper use and care of orthoses, prostheses, and assistive devices.
- Modifies treatment procedures as indicated by patient response to treatment within the limits specified in the treatment plan and discusses treatment changes with the supervising physical therapist.
- Provides instruction to patient and family specific to the patient's needs and individual treatment program.
- Keeps the physical therapist aware of patient's status and any problems that may arise.
- Performs discharge planning activities in a timely and effective manner as a member of the rehab team and as directed by the physical therapist.
- Provides for patient equipment needs when applicable.
- Instructs patient and family in home exercise programs, safe performance of mobility skills, and the safe use and operation of equipment as indicated.
- Performs all documentation responsibilities pertinent to patient care legibly and in compliance with departmental policy.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (Pennsylvania) - State of Pennsylvania
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level