Rolling Ridge Dr, State College, PA 16801, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Geisinger is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible Internal Medicine physician for the department of Hospital Medicine at Geisinger Mount Nittany, located in State College, PA
- Interviews patients to obtain information such as symptoms, medical histories, and family histories. Performs and/or interprets diagnostic tests as needed.
- Diagnose and design a plan of treatment for injuries and/or illness. May prescribe or administer medications. Prepares, maintains, and reviews records that include patients' histories, examination findings, treatment plans, or outcomes.
- Work is typically performed in a clinical and office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
We take pride in the support we provide our hospitalists to promote a healthy work/life balance:
- A newly revised and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan, including competitive salaries.
- Hospitalist fellowship opportunities are available at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- Excellent benefit package, including Malpractice & Tail coverage, sign on bonuses, and Medical School Loan Repayment
- Full relocation reimbursement
- Opportunities to participate in teaching and research studies
- Fully integrated electronic health record (Epic)
- Professional opportunities for mentorship, growth and advancement
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Systems-Based Practice; Patient Care And Procedural Skills; Professional Etiquette
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level