Radiology Technologist Mammography Full Time
Muncy, PA 17756, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
$7,500 Sign on Bonus for eligible candidates! Full Time - Days Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment · Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) · Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability · Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment · PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast · MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives · Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones. Employee referral incentive program Plans, provides and evaluates mammographic and general radiological procedures and techniques; participates in the training of new employees and students as assigned; meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area. Works within the guidelines and requirements of the Mammography Quality Standards Act. Participates in all regulatory requirements related to the section. Performs duties to provide the highest level of patient care and maximize patient satisfaction.
- Independently operates all mammography units.
- Performs all types of mammography exams and procedures including screening, diagnostic, special imaging mammograms as well as all duties of a general diagnostic technician.
- Produces quality mammograms, by selecting proper factors and accessories, applying adequate compression, proper positioning.
- Reports any malfunctions to the department supervisor or designated manager.
- Prepares rooms for mammography procedures, by ensuring proper film and necessary supplies are available.
- Assists Radiologist as necessary during procedures as needed.
- Prepares patients for all mammography exams, by providing proper explanation of procedure including compression factors and answers any questions and addresses any patient concerns.
- Responsible for quality control procedures as assigned.
- Performs all necessary quality control procedures as scheduled by the Quality Standards Technologist.
- Documents all results properly and obtains the appropriate approvals in the appropriate time intervals.
- Performs proper film development.
- Develops all films in a consistent manner in the mammography processor.
- Maintains integrity of darkroom.
- Participates in training of students and new employees.
- Maintains room and machine cleanliness before patients enter room and in between each patient.
- Maintains all mammography manuals and participates in the annual Mammography Quality Standards Act inspection as needed.
- Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and handling of non-controlled medications.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Radiologic Technology (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Mammography/Breast Imaging Certification - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT); Certified Radiology Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Radiology; Radiation Safety; Diagnostic Imaging; Medical Equipment Management (Mem); Working Independently; Preceptor Skills; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level