Registered Nurse (RN)- Operating Room Ambulatory Surgery (Part-Time) Responsibilities
Danville, PA 17821, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Some Experience Required
Provides care to patients undergoing surgery by assisting with patient preparation and by circulating for various surgical procedures.
- Coordinates room schedule and arrival of the patient in the Surgical Suite.
- Communicates with family representatives to allay concerns.
- Directs and coordinates nursing activities within assigned operating room.
- Supervises and assists operative teams in aseptic technique.
- Follows surgical procedures to anticipate needs of surgeon.
- Observes, interprets, documents and reports signs indicative of changes in patient's condition when patient receives local anesthesia.
- Supervises ancillary personnel.
- Maintains compliance with safety and preventative maintenance activities for all medicine and technical advanced equipment to minimize failures and unsafe conditions.
- Cleans, sterilizes and prepares instruments, as needed, according to established protocols to ensure required levels of asepsis and availability.
- Provide for accurate care and handling of specimens and cultures.
- Assures proper handling of contaminated material.
- Counts sponges, needles and instruments, per policy.
- Assists in the cleaning and preparation of the OR between procedures.
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of an effective quality improvement program.
- Safeguards patient from dangers and hazards.
- Operates sterilizers as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with the system policies and procedures, all nursing standards of care and practice, to include all regulatory agency requirements
- Hours: Part-Time (20 hours per week)- Dayshift
- Weekends: None
- On-Call: None
- Travel: None
- Preferred Experience: OR experience is strongly preferred
At Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- We strive to create an environment where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger employees to build internal and external networks and further develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities but are open to all employee
Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Minimum of 1 year-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
Clinical Skills; Interpersonal Communication; Computer Literacy; Health Information Documentation; Communication; Teamwork; Patient Assessment And Care
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- Some Experience Required