RN - Registered Nurse - ED Responsibilities
Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Geisinger is proud to offer an Inpatient RN a hiring incentive up to $23,500 for eligible candidates! $35.88 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced individuals and up to $7 shift differentials for evening, night, and weekend shifts!
Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Grow your career with up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours of personal time per year
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you take NCLEX
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing leaders
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program
Assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive responses of patient and family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best patient and family experience by optimizing all interactions.
Hours: 11a-2330p , Every other weekend and holiday
Unit Details: 29 rooms with 54 care areas. Level one trauma center. 24/7 pharmacy in the ED, transportation, phlebotomy.
Geisinger Wyoming Valley is proud to receive ANCC Magnet Recognition®, the highest and most prestigious distinction a health care organization can receive for nursing practice and quality patient care.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania
Teamwork; Preceptor Skills; Communication; Organizing; Clinical Skills; Interpersonal Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level