Software Engineer II [TypeScript]
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
As a Software Engineer II in the Business Automation Terrestrial Software team, you will contribute significantly to designing, developing, and maintaining software systems that are fundamental to our mission success. Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to the full software lifecycle – from conception of solutions for intricate challenges, to ensuring the dependability of critical systems. The software solutions we create in-house solve challenges across the entire business – from mission planning, to launch vehicle configuration, to ground station reservations, to production floor optimization - these are anything but ordinary challenges!
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience within a relevant discipline.
- Confidence in full stack Typescript application development.
- Confidence in relational databases and object-relational mappers.
- Ability to understand complex technical challenges.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, scalable code.
- Experience with MVC frontend frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, etc.).
- Experience creating unit tests.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Node.js and NestJS experience.
- Experience with RxJS observables.
- Docker and Kubernetes experience.
- Experience with build systems and tooling.
- Experience with Git and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with agile scrum methodologies.
- Elasticsearch experience.
- Linux as a development environment.
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and groundbreaking technology.
- An employee stock purchase program.
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career.
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks.
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross.
- Additional parental leave entitlements.
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Rocket Lab Employees must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Department of Commerce, as applicable. Learn more about ITAR here.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for the application/interview process for a job in the United States should contact Giulia Biow at firstname.lastname@example.org.This dedicated resource is intended solely to assist job seekers with disabilities whose disability prevents them from being able to apply/interview. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.