Ultrasound Technologist Full Time Days
Bloomsburg, PA 17815, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Some Experience Required
$7,500 Sign On Bonus for qualified applicants! Day Shift 9AM-5:30PM must be RVT within one year of hire. · Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that starts day one of employment · Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA) · Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and Long-term disability · Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger contributions starting day one of employment · PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast · MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and earn incentives Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your loved ones. Responsible for independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing diagnostic examinations using sonography. Responsible for the delivery of high quality, cost effective imaging services. Performs imaging procedures in area of expertise. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range for their assigned area. Responsible for all regulatory requirements.
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic ultrasound examinations. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
- Uses independent judgement during the ultrasound exam to accurately differentiate between normal and abnormal findings.
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicates impression to the radiologist.
- Seeks out new information and technologies to improve job performance.
- Communicates openly, honestly, directly and clearly.
- Provides appropriate information, gives feedback, and constructively assists in resolving conflicts.
- Makes decisions considering the impact on others; takes personal responsibility and demonstrates risk-taking behavior.
- Allocates decision-making at the appropriate level; involves others; build team trust and commitment.
- Communicates and supports decisions; evaluates past decisions to improve on further decisions.
- Participates in, accepts and supports team activities and decisions.
- Participates in learning activities.
- Fosters an environment of continuous learning; takes risks; helps others; contributes to the professional growth of the department.
- Ensures regulatory compliance is understood.
- Possesses the knowledge and experience to achieve success by continually working in compliance.
- Assures technical compliance with Joint Commission, Department of Health, National Research Council, and Department Envoronmental Protection regulations.
- Commits to placing the patient and customer first.
- Ensures the patient experience is a priority.
- Uses resources effectively to meet departmental goals.
- Recommends changes to improve efficiency, effectiveness and patient safety.
- Makes decisions considering the impact on others and the department Identifies problem-related equipment performance and calibration which results in substandard images.
- Notifies Technical Specialist and Team Leader.
- Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and handling of non-controlled medications.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Certified Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
Radiology; Radiation Safety; Diagnostic Imaging; Medical Equipment Management (Mem); Working Independently; Preceptor Skills; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- Some Experience Required