Vascular Laboratory Technologist- Part Time
Danville, PA 17821, USA
Healthcare / Pharmacy
Some Experience Required
Performs noninvasive vascular testing, preliminary interpretation and reporting of test results, independent triage patient history and exam requests, assessment of results to determine level of disease and need for additional testing or urgency of further care or reporting to provider. Collaborates with providers to enable the appropriate patient care, depending on the results of exams; Communicates test results with referring providers to ensure timely and appropriate patient care.
- Performs noninvasive vascular laboratory tests.
- Follows standardized exams protocols of the vascular laboratory.
- Works as a team member to ensure the timely completion of requested patient exams.
- Independently reviews symptoms and medical history to determine the correct exam for the patient.
- Independently provides preliminary interpretation of the test results, including level of disease, incidental findings, results outliers, contradictory and unexpected test results, and need for additional testing, urgency of care and reporting to provider.
- Prepares preliminary reports to accurately describe testing and diagnostic results.
- Triages orders and requests for vascular lab procedures to assure correct scheduling of patient exams.
- Performs noninvasive testing on call and provides interpretation and preliminary test reports and communication of results to providers.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required), Associate's Degree- (Preferred)
Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Registered Vascular Technologist - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Working Independently; Vascular Access Devices; Teamwork; Communication
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS : We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE : We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING : We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION : We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY : We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and prescription coverage.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- Some Experience Required